Monday, March 28, 2011

New Non-Fiction

I am having such a good time reading non-fiction lately! All three boxes of the first delivery of the New Yorkers Read grant collection have finally been delivered. I try to be really strict with myself - if I stop to browse then the books will never be processed and out on the shelves (or tables for the moment.) But still, I'm human, so I have sampled a number of delicious titles.

Today I read Steve Jenkins Never Smile at a Monkey to a 4th and 5th grade ESL class in preparation for drafting a group-written review. This was part of rolling out my new book review forms using Google Docs on my library web page I meant to just sample one or two pages, but the kids couldn't get enough of the book. It is truly a potato chip like read - you can't read just one page.

No comments:

Post a Comment